Location: The second most renowned sacred hub ‘Mahavir Mandir’ is dedicated to Hindu god Hanuman and it is located in Patna, Bihar, India. This is the 2nd most visited pilgrimage of North India.
Presiding deity: Lord Hanuman
Date of Mahavir temple’s revamping:
Pious occasion to visit the shrine:
- New Year
Caretaking authority: Mahavir Mandir Trusts
Other human welfare & hospitable deeds of the trust: As ‘nursing to humanity is serving to god’ as this trust has taken charge to insure human values and keeping humanity alive. Thus, under the charge of Acharya Kishore Kunal as secretary, the following welfare institutions are sponsored and run by the similar trust:
- Mahavir Cancer Sansthan, Patna
- Mahavir Vaatsalya Hospital
- Mahavir Arogya Hospital along with several hospitals and orphanage in the Bihar.
Description of the shrine:
- Idols: ‘Pawan-Putra’ (son of wind) lord Hanuman is enshrined in this holiest temple of northern India which also popular with his another name called ‘Sankat Mochan’.
- Materials used in its structure: Marble